Contact info

Unfortunately if you don't have a blog you are unable to comment on the posts. To do so, please email us at kesselmanws@outlook.com.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Certification day

It's official!  And we have the certificate to prove it!  Walt has successfully completed 37 radiation treatments.  We will follow up with the radiation oncologist in 2 weeks so he can check Walt's skin, etc.  It seems like this day would never come, and now it has.  The effectiveness of the radiation won't be known for another 6-8 weeks.  Thank you for all your prayers!
You have to be able to laugh to get through all this....While Walt was receiving his last treatment today I stopped in the cancer boutique to pick up some more gel for his back (the burns aren't horrible but itch like crazy and are peeling).  Because it is covered by insurance I had to give his name and date of birth.  I laughingly said I could also provide his clinic number, shoe size, etc.  She said waist measurement would be more interesting.  We just laughed.  Then she asked me to verify the spelling of our last name.  I drew a complete blank and looked at her dumbly when she asked if Kesselman had one L or 2.  Sheesh.  We both started laughing really hard at this point.  Walt and I have been together for 30 years so you'd think this wouldn't stump me!  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment